10th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2016)
The 10th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2016) took place in partnership with the 5th Energy Storage Europe (conference + expo) from 15 till 17 of March.
1 conference, 2 strong partners: The 10th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2016) is organized together with the conference and expo ENERGY STORAGE EUROPE. This way, the audience has even greater opportunity to listen many different topics on energy storage or to focus on one single aspect and follow a line of sessions.
Published by EUROSOLAR and the World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE), released April 2016
CD-ROM "Conference Proceedings of the 10th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2016)" including abstracts, full papers, presentations and e-posters of the IRES-sessions.Conference participants can download the proceedings as part of their conference package. Please note that the file is rather big and will need time to be downloaded fully. If you have not received the password via e-mail, please do not hesitate to contact us for it.
This year's poster prize was awarded to three female researchers for the work on storage for renewable energy.
- Assessment of Environmental Impacts of Storage Solutions on the Quarter Level by Laura Göllner-Völker, TU Darmstadt
- Sustainable Energy Supply in Colombia by Eco-Region - A Proposal to Fit the Best Energy Policy at Regional Scale, by Carolina Puccini, Hafencity University
- Smart Quarter - A Business Model for Electricity Storage Systems by Verena Jülch, Fraunhofer ISE
The poster prize is awarded by the scientific steering committee who assesses all posters according to the scientific quality, the relevance of the topic and the presentation of the content. We congratulate the winners on their oustanding research and presentation at the conference!
Steering Committee for IRES 2016
The International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES) is organized and directed by a Scientific Steering Committee. Being active researchers, professors and experts of storage technologies for renewable energy storage, the Scientific Steering Committee guarantees the scientific quality of the conference program and its set-up.
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Uwe Sauer, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (Scientific Conference Chair)
- Prof. Peter Droege, President EUROSOLAR, University of Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein
- Prof. Dr. Luisa Cabeza, University of Lleida, Lleida, Spain
- Dr. José Etcheverry, York University, Toronto, Canada
- Dr. Andreas Hauer, ZAE Bayern, Garching, Germany
- Wim van Helden, AEE INTEC, Gleisdorf, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Brian Vad Mathiesen, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
- Dr. Marco Merlo, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Dr. Bernhard Riegel, Hoppecke Batterien GmbH, Brilon, Germany
- Dr. Peter Schossig, Fraunhofer ISE, Freiburg, Germany
- Dr. Tom Smolinka, Fraunhofer ISE, Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Stadler, Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Michael Sterner, Regensburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Posted in Archive 2016